IN COLLABORATION WITH
Dr. Yasser ElSayed, Chair, International POCUSNEO Group
Dr. Laila Obaid, Chair, Organizing Committee
Dr. Hesham Shawki Tawakol, Coordinator
Objectives of Neonatal Intestinal Ultrasound:
At the end of the workshop the attendees will understand..
– The Specific ultrasound markers in NEC.
– The pathophysiologic mechanisms of these markers.
– Ultrasound classification of enterocolitis and related complications with interactive case discussion.
– Assessment of intestinal obstruction by ultrasound.
– How to differentiate between intestinal obstruction with and without compromised blood flow
– The IUS technique and steps of scanning.
– Case scenarios and reporting.
|09:00 – 09:30||Basics of ultrasound language and artifacts|
|09:30 – 10:30||Assessment and grading of NEC by US (interpretation and the technique)|
|10:30 – 11:00||Discussion, followed by Coffee Break|
|11:00 – 11:40||Assessment of intestinal obstruction by US|
|11:40 – 12:00||Discussion and set up for hands on|
|12:00 – 13:00||Hands on simulator model|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch Break|
|14:00 – 15:00||Assessment of Intestinal Performance by Ultrasound (Necrotizing Enterocolitis and related complications), Case Discussions|
|15:00 – 15:30||Post-test, feedback and certifications|
|09:00 – 12:00||Normal newborn US practice /Discussion|
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch Break|
|13:00 – 16:00||Infants with suspected NEC US practice (2-3 cases) /Discussion|
|16:00 – 16:30||Post-test, feedback and certifications|